Monday, April 6, 2009

RUNNING!

The kids have been training steadily at Tumaini despite exams, and lots of frustrations like teacher strikes and bad weather. Those of us hoping to keep them going have also been frustrated by some difficulties with race scheduling and struggles to find exciting end goals to work toward. However, the kids are powering through, and their attitude is amazing. Below are a few quotations for inspiration from some of our older runners. I cannot attribute their names to the quotes, as they were given as part of an anonymous survey we conducted to see how the running program was doing, but I can say all of these children are part of the committed running team between the ages of 15 and 20. As a runner, I can say these children are an inspiration:

“Beside education, I come to realize that running is part of improving my life since it is health to my body. I also enjoy when running.”


“Running has made me active in other games, even at school like football. I can be able to play for 90 minutes without getting tired. Running have also made my body very flexible.”

“The best time to me is when running in the morning. Since there is no sun and I am always energetic.”

“The best parts of the running program are the hardest runs that we usually run with the coach eg when there are small hills on flat areas or also many kilometers. “

“It like running because it is stimulative—you feel well and are in good mood. Even in school, I used to be very slow when working but now I am sick. I was dull but on running day I am always bright.”

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

November 14, 2009 at 6:09 PM  
Blogger かわやま said...

ローション 販売バイブ 挿入大人 おもちゃ 通販アナル 拡張オナグッズマッサージ ローションバイブ 販売大人 オモチャ性感帯オナニー グッズ

May 14, 2010 at 6:43 AM  
Blogger Davenz said...

Thanks for sharing!

Regards
bowling team shirts

July 29, 2010 at 10:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's very nice topic in a useful blog thanks for sharing.
& that's my blog hope u visit me soon
www.bestmobilesview.blogspot.com

August 9, 2010 at 9:09 PM  
Anonymous zbsports said...

This is a great information to us. Nice running story.

August 21, 2010 at 1:03 PM  
Anonymous positive affirmations said...

I listen with love to my body's messages
My body is always working toward optimum health. My body wants to be Whole and Healthy, I cooperate and become healthy, whole and complete.

December 10, 2010 at 2:32 PM  
Anonymous positive affirmation said...

I was running a hundred miles away.., just to find your blog again...

December 24, 2010 at 7:39 AM  
Anonymous mesa fire systems said...

It's been tough for them. But studying will make them pass the exam.

July 21, 2011 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger gunestercume said...

running make the heart stronger

October 19, 2011 at 4:36 PM  
Blogger Dissertation Writing Help said...

Your blog is really helps for my search and i really like it.. Thanks a lot..:)

Sociology Dissertation

January 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM  
Blogger Dissertation Writing Help said...

Your blog is really helps for my search and i really like it.. Thanks a lot..:)

Sociology Dissertation Topics

January 30, 2012 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger Jonhsina said...

This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Check it out here: arkadas sohbet

January 7, 2021 at 7:58 PM  
Blogger Aylin said...

oo good site admin thanks.. bartın sohbet

January 10, 2021 at 11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home